We are able to’t get sufficient of those wraps full of small items of spicy succulent hen, potatoes, bell pepper, crispy salad and cooling yogurt. They’re simple to make and filled with flavour, good for final minute get-togethers, picnics and lunchboxes.
These tasty wraps are nice for consuming indoors or out, simple weeknight dinners, film nights, picnics, pool or seashore events, and so they hold nicely in lunchboxes (pack the yogurt individually).
They don’t seem to be too spicy and you may regulate the quantity of purple chilli pepper in keeping with your style.
Notes on the substances
Rooster – these wraps are made with hen breast lower into small cubes in order that they prepare dinner shortly and the hen carries the flavour of the marinade nicely.
The listing of substances for the marinade is long-ish however all of the flavours mix to develop a very scrumptious consequence!
You would possibly have already got most of those substances within the pantry aside from the purple pepper paste.
I’ve a recipe for roasted purple pepper paste so you possibly can simply make it at dwelling. If you’re in need of time it will also be present in any grocery store promoting European or Turkish groceries (its a generally used ingredient in making Turkish kebabs).
Potatoes – choose any kind of floury, starchy potato, or an all rounder selection, as these turn into smooth and fluffy when cooked e.g. Yukon Gold, Russet, King Edward, Maris Piper.
Tortillas – use your favorite tortillas, we like to make use of corn tortillas for this however you possibly can additionally use piadina or another type of flatbread, even rotis.
Combine all of the substances nicely in a big mixing bowl until the hen, potatoes and peppers are evenly coated. Then cowl and chill for not less than Half-hour or in a single day.
Baking the hen
Switch the marinated substances to a big roasting pan, spreading it out so the items don’t overlap. To know why, see my put up on why its finest to not overcrowd a pan.
Bake in a reasonable oven for 25-Half-hour or till the interior temperature of the hen reaches 74°C or 165°F.
Cooking at this temperature will make sure the hen and potatoes are correctly cooked whereas the hen stays succulent.
The tomato and purple pepper pastes flip the hen a reddish color.
The assembled wraps (with the salad and yogurt) will hold for a day as soon as correctly wrapped and stored within the fridge.
Retailer any leftover hen, potatoes and pepper in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 3 days and reheat completely earlier than utilizing.
You might also like …
In search of dishes to go along with these spicy hen wraps? Attempt these:
⭐️ Are you making this recipe for Spicy Rooster Wraps? Do let me know the way it turned out within the feedback! And please give it a star score beneath!
Instagram – I love seeing your creations, so put up an image, tag @endofthefork and hashtag #endofthefork
Spicy Rooster Wraps
These wraps are full of small items of spicy succulent hen, potatoes, pepper, crispy salad and cooling yogurt. They’re simple to make and filled with flavour, good for final minute get-togethers, picnics and lunchboxes.
Servings 8 wraps
- 1 kilo hen breast lower into small cubes
- 2 medium potatoes lower into small items
- 1 medium inexperienced bell pepper take away stem, seeds and membranes then lower into brief strips
- 1 small onion diced small
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons roasted purple pepper paste
- 245 grams yogurt 1 cup
- 2 cloves garlic small, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon purple chilli pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
Assembling the wraps
- a handful recent parsley to garnish
- 120 grams yogurt ½ cup
- 1 tablespoon sumac for sprinkling
- 140 grams lettuce 2 cups, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
- 8 corn tortillas
Combine all of the marinade substances collectively in a big mixing bowl then add the hen, bell pepper and potatoes, making certain all the pieces is nicely coated. Cowl and chill for Half-hour to in a single day.
1 kilo hen breast, 2 medium potatoes, 1 small onion, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 2 tablespoons roasted purple pepper paste, 245 grams yogurt, 2 cloves garlic, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon purple chilli pepper powder, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, ⅛ teaspoon dried rosemary, ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, a handful recent parsley, 1 medium inexperienced bell pepper
Switch the marinated hen and greens to a big roasting pan and unfold out evenly. Bake at 190°C fan/375°F for 25-Half-hour. You probably have a cooking thermometer, it’s carried out when the interior temperature of the hen reaches 74°C or 165°F.
Assemble the wraps
Separate the wraps and on every, layer with just a few salad leaves, baked hen and greens, a drizzle of olive oil, a spoonful of yogurt, parsley and a sprinkling of sumac. Serve instantly.
120 grams yogurt, 1 tablespoon sumac, 140 grams lettuce, 8 corn tortillas, 3 medium tomatoes
- These wraps are made with hen breast lower into small cubes in order that they prepare dinner shortly and the hen carries the flavour of the marinade nicely.Modify the quantity of purple chilli pepper in keeping with your style.
- If time is brief to arrange the roasted purple pepper paste, choose up a jar in a retailer promoting European or Turkish groceries.
- Use floury, starchy potatoes or an all rounder selection, in order that they turn into smooth and fluffy when cooked e.g. Yukon Gold, Russet, King Edward, Maris Piper.
- Leftovers – Cowl and retailer leftover assembled wraps within the fridge for as much as 24 hours. Any leftover hen, potatoes and peppers will hold in a sealed field within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat throughly earlier than serving.
Energy: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 501IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 1mg