Jubilee berry cheesecake recipe! A no-bake dessert, with a union jack fabricated from recent berries on prime, that’s match for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. No one would ever know that it’s Coeliac-friendly and wheat-free, promise!
Jubilee berry cheesecake recipe, anybody? This could have been my entry for the Queen’s Platinum Pudding competitors, in case you had been questioning! With a union jack of raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, this can be a tremendous easy showstopper that’s 100% beginner-friendly.
So a lot of you requested me to enter the Queen’s Platinum Pudding competitors, however clearly, I’d by no means have received anyway! However both means, that is what I most likely would have entered!
It’s a vanilla no-bake cheesecake, with a buttery biscuit base, adorned with a crown of strawberries, with a union jack of berries on prime.
Patriotic or what, proper?! Better of all, it’s tremendous easy to make and also you’d by no means realize it was gluten-free.
Right here’s all the easy grocery store components you’ll have to make it potential:
Jubilee berry cheesecake recipe: What you’ll want…
- Gluten-free digestive biscuits: You could find these down the free from aisle in practically all supermarkets, however right here’s a hyperlink so you understand what you’re searching for.
- Butter: As we’ll be melting the butter, you should use both chilly (straight from the fridge) or room temperature (softened) butter. Salted or unsalted is okay too.
- Full-fat cream cheese: I exploit mascarpone for this one, however Philadelphia cream cheese works nice too and is a bit of softer. Low fats cream cheese doesn’t have a excessive sufficient fats content material to set within the fridge, so don’t sub this!
- Icing sugar: This sweetens the cheesecake filling and easily vanishes when combined in, that means no grainy texture and no have to bake the cheesecake.
- Vanilla extract: The higher high quality yours is, the higher the filling will style!
- Double cream: Solely double cream has the sufficient fats content material to whip and set within the fridge, so single cream received’t work right here.
- Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries: You’ll want strawberries to adorn the sting of the cheesecake and raspberries/blueberries to embellish the Union Jack on prime.
So, what does my Jubilee berry cheesecake style like?
The bottom is tremendous buttery and crunchy and a bit of thicker than most too – simply the best way I prefer it.
The vanilla filling is mushy, gentle and creamy, with a strawberry half in each slice. In fact, who might overlook that association of recent raspberries and blueberries on prime for the final word (but very simple to do) of entirety?
It’s every little thing I desire a dessert recipe to be – irresistible to take a look at and eat! Right here’s just a few often requested questions earlier than we get began:
Jubilee berry cheesecake recipe: Regularly Requested Questions
Can I make this recipe gluten-free? Is it appropriate for Coeliacs?
It’s gluten-free, although no person would know simply by tasting it – belief me!
Keep in mind that minimising cross-contamination is vastly vital should you’re Coeliac or making this for somebody who’s. Right here’s some ideas from Coeliac UK on minimising the danger of cross contamination.
Additionally, guarantee that all components used don’t have any gluten-containing components. Then guarantee that additionally they don’t have a ‘could include’ warning for gluten, wheat, rye, barley, oats (which aren’t gf), spelt and khorasan wheat (aka Kamut).
Right here’s some extra data from Coeliac UK on figuring out protected gluten-free merchandise.
Can I make your Jubilee berry cheesecake recipe dairy-free?
Simply! Right here’s the swaps you’d have to make:
Can I make your Jubilee berry cheesecake recipe vegan?
Observe the steps above to make this dairy-free and also you’ve solely gone and made a gluten-free, dairy-free AND vegan Jubilee berry cheesecake!
Is that this recipe low FODMAP?
It may be! Merely:
- Use lactose-free cream cheese
- Use lactose-free whipping cream as an alternative of double cream
- Make sure the gluten-free biscuits for the bottom are FODMAP pleasant
- Because of low FODMAP serving sizes of berries, solely a small slice of this cheesecake is appropriate for the elimination section of the weight loss plan.
Do I want any particular tools to make your Jubilee berry cheesecake recipe?
You received’t want something particularly aside from a deep, unfastened backside tin – right here’s the one I exploit. It’s vital to make use of a deep one as this can be a tall cheesecake!
It’s 20cm (8 inch) in diameter, so keep in mind in case your tin is wider than mine, your cheesecake will find yourself wanting so much flatter!
A springform tin is okay too – right here’s the one I generally use. I don’t use it on a regular basis as a result of it’s subsequent to unimaginable to get the complete cheesecake off the bottom without delay.
And ideally, I don’t wish to be serving the cheesecake and slicing it on my springform base as a result of it’ll get all scratched. So I a lot choose to make use of a unfastened backside tin.
However undoubtedly don’t make this in a traditional cake tin with no unfastened backside/springform mechanism. You received’t be capable to get the cheesecake out or lower it!
Can I make your Jubilee berry cheesecake utilizing gentle cream cheese or decreased fats mascarpone?
Undoubtedly not! Utilizing gentle cream cheese or decreased fats mascarpone is a really fast means to make sure that your cheesecake is an prompt catastrophe.
Because the fats content material is way decrease, your cheesecake received’t ever have a hope of setting within the fridge. It’s full-fat or nothing, I’m afraid!
What’s the Queen’s platinum jubilee?
On sixth February 2022, the Queen of the UK (Queen Elizabeth II) turned the first British Monarch to rejoice a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years of service to the individuals of the UK, the Realms and the Commonwealth.
The Queen has dominated for longer than another Monarch in British historical past. You’ll be able to learn extra about it right here.
Jubilee berry cheesecake recipe: Ideas for the right no-bake dessert each time
- Don’t overmix the cheesecake filling. It could break up, grow to be very grainy-looking, skinny and received’t ever set within the fridge. On this case, you’ll be able to at all times strive freezing it to make it set (it’ll nonetheless style the identical!) however ideally, keep away from overmixing fully.
- Give the cheesecake filling a beneficiant period of time to set. There’s no baking required for this recipe, so the chilling stage turns into much more vital! Don’t take away from the tin till the highest seems to be pretty and agency.
- Use an 8in loose-bottom tin. A smaller tin will end in a cheesecake that’s too tall and a bigger tin will end in one which’s flatter than mine. Free-bottomed tins (or springform) are vital right here, in any other case you’ll by no means be capable to get the cheesecake out of the tin in a single piece!
- Hold chilled and lined earlier than serving. This particularly applies should you used Philadelphia cream cheese because the cheesecake will start to melt and soften barely at room temperature after an hour or so. So retailer it within the fridge till serving!
- Use a big palette knife to take away the cheesecake from the loose-bottomed base. Don’t lower the cheesecake on the bottom of the loose-bottomed tin since you’ll scratch it! Utilizing a big, lengthy palette knife and gently (however firmly) easing it beneath the cheesecake base is a straightforward solution to take away it in a single go. Then switch to a serving plate or cake stand.
Jubilee Berry Cheesecake Recipe
Jubilee berry cheesecake recipe – impressed by the Queen’s Platinum jubilee, this no-bake dessert is ideal for the event. Coeliac-friendly and wheat-free.
- 280 g gluten free shortbread (or another gluten free biscuits like digestives)
- 85 g butter melted
- 650 g mascarpone / full fats cream cheese
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 ml double cream
- strawberries, raspberries and blueberries for the highest and an additional 8 strawberries for contained in the filling layer
For the bottom:
Firstly, make your base. Crush your gluten free biscuits – both place them in a sandwich bag and hit them with a rolling pin or you’ll be able to place them in a meals processor and blitz, however don’t over blitz them right into a high quality mud!
Soften your butter – I do that within the microwave on a medium energy (600W) for round 30 seconds to 1 minute. But when it melts earlier than this time, cease – it’s performed!
Pour your melted butter into your crushed biscuits and blend collectively in a bowl.
Press your biscuit combination into the tin you’re going to be making your cheesecake in. Press it down good and firmly. I exploit a 20cm unfastened backside tin.
Place it within the fridge to relax while you make your cheesecake prime.
For the cheesecake filling:
Combine collectively your mascarpone (cream cheese) and icing sugar. I exploit my electrical hand mixer to do that on a low/medium setting for less than about 10-20 seconds. You would use a stand mixer too.
Add within the double cream and hold mixing till it corporations up a bit of. (I had my mixer on for slightly below 2 minutes for this – strive to not over combine although… don’t let it break up!)
Lower strawberries in half (7-8 ought to be about proper), ideally all comparable sized. Place them across the fringe of the tin to kind a crown.
Spoon your cheesecake filling on prime of the chilled base and strawberry edge, then use a palette knife to clean excessive. Place within the fridge to relax, ideally in a single day however at least 5 hours.
Take away your cheesecake from the fridge and push it out of the tin and place in your serving plate.
Slice extra strawberries after which use them alongside your recent raspberries and blueberries to create a union jack design.
Serve up immediately and hold spare within the fridge.
Energy: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Ldl cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 458IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks for studying all about my Jubilee berry cheesecake recipe! Should you make it, I’d like to see the way it turned out so don’t overlook to take a snap of your creations and tag me on Instagram!
Any questions in regards to the recipe? Please do let me know by following me on Instagram and leaving me a touch upon a latest picture!
Thanks for studying,
Don’t overlook to pin this for later!