This straightforward pumpkin porridge recipe is a nutritious breakfast that can set you up for the day. It’s gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan. Even higher, it takes solely 2 minutes to arrange!
I’ve had a lot of requests from my publication subscribers for the pumpkin porridge I have been making lately. So right here it’s!
My porridge is a nourishing breakfast meal. It’s dairy-free, nut-free and allergy-friendly. It’s a twist on this creamy low carb porridge and my keto oatmeal.
I might eat pumpkin all 12 months spherical. However particularly throughout September and October, I make tons of pumpkin recipes, from Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie to Keto Pumpkin Cookies.
I will all the time find yourself with leftover puree within the fridge. Nicely, this straightforward pumpkin porridge is the right method to make use of up an open can of pumpkin.
However after all, it’s scrumptious sufficient to crack open a can for it alone.
Why You will Love It
- So creamy! The feel is just like a porridge made with oats.
- Fall flavors. If any meals says fall, it is pumpkin. Naturally candy, mellow and scrumptious.
- Filling and nourishing. This can be a satisfying breakfast that’s going to maintain you going till lunch.
- Wholesome! Full of fibre and vitamins. Plus, you are consuming a vegetable for breakfast. Getting began in your 5 a day within the AM – that is price a pat on the again.
- Fast and simple. You can also make a portion in simply 2 minutes.
- Dairy-free, gluten-free and keto-friendly
Is It The Identical As Korean Pumpkin Porridge?
No, this recipe is kind of completely different to the well-known Korean pumpkin porridge, which is known as Hobakjuk. “Hobak” means pumpkin in Korean.
The pumpkin usually utilized in Hobakjuk is kabocha squash. The dish is a well-liked get-well present in Korea. Kabocha squash is claimed to scale back swelling after surgical procedure.
In a nutshell, conventional Korean pumpkin porridge is a candy snack or dessert dish made with butternut squash or kabocha, rice flour and sugar.
My recipe, then again, doesn’t use any further sugar.
It’s simply as scrumptious although!
Listed here are the substances you want for a naturally candy pumpkin porridge:
- Coconut flour. Coconut flour is constructed from dried coconut flesh. It’s excessive in fiber and gently candy. Because it absorbs loads of moisture, somewhat goes a good distance.
- Floor flaxseed. Additionally known as flax meal. Flax is excessive in heart-healthy omega 3 fat, protein and vitamins.
- Pumpkin puree. In case you use puree from a can, be sure that it’s unsweetened.
- Almond milk. I used unsweetened almond milk. However any milk works. Or, use sizzling water.
- Cinnamon. Pumpkin spice combine would additionally work effectively.
- Pecans and orange zest. That is what I topped my porridge with. Completely elective, however scrumptious.
For ingredient quantities, see the recipe card on the backside of the put up.
It is simply 4 easy steps to make this recipe:
- Add the coconut flour, flax, cinnamon and pumpkin puree to a small bowl.
- Pour over the almond milk and stir with a spoon.
- Microwave for 1 minute on excessive.
- Stir once more, to ensure there are not any lumps. Then grate over some orange zest and high with crushed pecans.
Use a big bowl. There must be loads of area in your bowl so the porridge doesn’t overflow within the microwave.
Korean pumpkin porridge is topped with rice cake balls made with candy rice flour. My wholesome model tastes nice with the next toppings:
- Sweetness! Golden erythritol or sugar-free maple syrup for a low-carb food plan. Or, use honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- Almond or peanut butter
- Browned butter
- Heavy cream or bitter cream
- Floor ginger
- Pecans, walnuts or pistachios
- Toasted pumpkin seeds or pine nuts
- a sprinkle of sea salt
My pumpkin porridge is straightforward to customize relying in your dietary necessities or what’s in your cabinet.
Almond flour. It is potential to interchange the coconut flour with 3 tablespoons of almond flour and even a mixture of sesame seed flour and sunflower seed flour (additionally 3 tablespoons in complete).
Chia seeds. The flax is nice for a fibre enhance. It’s filling but additionally provides the porridge a creamy texture. You can use 1 tablespoon floor chia for the same impact.
AIP pleasant porridge. In case you are following an AIP protocol, exchange the almond milk with coconut milk.
Protein enhance: Add 1 tablespoon of whey protein powder. A teaspoon of maca powder would add a stunning caramel be aware. Or stir in a tablespoon of collagen (my present wholesome obsession!). In all instances, you might have to barely enhance the quantity of milk to get the proper creamy consistency.
I like to recommend that you just take pleasure in this porridge straight after getting ready it. Nonetheless, you could possibly retailer it within the fridge for 3-4 days.
The flour will proceed to develop, so you might have to loosen it to style with somewhat extra almond milk earlier than consuming.
Sure, you may put together it the night time earlier than. Merely stir collectively the substances and retailer within the fridge. Then, heat it up within the morning.
Sure. If you do not have a microwave, merely warmth the porridge in a nonstick pot over medium warmth on the stovetop. Convey to the boil, then simmer for two minutes.
Pumpkin puree is a staple within the US, and right here within the UK I purchase it from Ocado or Waitrose in addition to on Amazon. It is also price asking your greengrocer.
You can also make home made pumpkin puree within the microwave. Merely reduce it in half and sit it cut-side up on a plate. Microwave it for round 20 minutes. As soon as the flesh is comfortable, scoop it out and mash.
Tried this recipe? Give it a star ranking beneath!
★ STAY IN TOUCH on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for extra nice meals and be part of my NEWSLETTER for the most recent updates and a FREE EBOOK.★
Straightforward Pumpkin Porridge Recipe
from Sugar Free Londoner
This flavourful pumpkin porridge is a wholesome warming breakfast. It is able to eat in simply 2 minutes! See the put up for loads of topping concepts and recipe variations.
Be aware: The servings slider solely modifications the primary quantity in every line and never any subsequent quantities. Please make your individual calculations the place essential.
Combine all substances in a bowl.
Microwave the combination for 1 minute on excessive or heat in a non-stick saucepan on the stovetop over medium warmth.
- 1 teaspoon golden erythritol, sugar-free syrup, honey or maple syrup
- grated orange zest or pomegranate seeds
- pecans, walnuts or different nuts & seeds
- melted browned butter or 1 tablespoon of heavy cream
- almond butter or peanut butter
You can make a bigger portion and retailer it within the fridge for 3-4 days. The flour will proceed to develop, so you might have to loosen it to style with somewhat extra almond milk earlier than consuming.
Serving: 200gEnergy: 106kcalWhole Carbohydrates: 10.5gProtein: 4gFats: 5.8gSaturated Fats: 1.6gFiber: 5.8gSugar: 2.8g