I really like this potato aspect dish recipe as an effective way to pep up the flavour of standard potatoes. Child new potatoes par-boiled first, then fried up with pink onion and garlic and completed off with a drizzle of lemon juice and loads of contemporary coriander (cilantro). Serve with grilled meats, fish, curries and casseroles. They make an important addition to any BBQ too!
I like to develop potatoes yearly, however I at all times plant too many and find yourself overloaded with potatoes. Fortuitously we love them, and we have got loads of potato recipes on the weblog.
That is one I have been serving up over summer season when we’ve a barbecue, and in addition as a aspect dish for curry night time!
- Child new potatoes – or you should use chop up bigger new potatoes into bitesize chunks (no have to peel).
- Oil for frying – I take advantage of avocado oil, however any impartial frying oil shall be tremendous.
- Butter – for additional flavour. You should use salted or unsalted, relying in your palate (extra salt is added throughout cooking).
- Pink onion – for color and flavour. Exchange with common onion, or depart it out in the event you favor.
- Garlic – freshly minced garlic is finest, however you should use jarred minced/chopped garlic or garlic granules/powder if you wish to pace up the method.
- Recent coriander (cilantro) – and loads of it. I take advantage of three-quarters of a packed cup on this recipe, however it will possibly simply take extra in the event you love coriander.
- Salt, pepper and lemon juice for additional flavour.
👩🍳PRO TIP Save any leftovers and serve up chilly as a potato salad. It tastes scrumptious with crumbled feta and blended salad leaves.
🍽️ What to serve it with
🍲 Extra unbelievable potato recipes
Keep up to date with new recipes!
Subscribe to the publication to listen to after I submit a brand new recipe. I’m additionally on YouTube (new movies each week) and Instagram (behind-the-scenes tales & stunning meals photographs).
Garlic and Coriander Potatoes
A good way to pep up the flavour of standard potatoes. Serve with grilled meats, fish or curry. They make an important addition to any BBQ too!
Place your potatoes in a big saucepan, cowl with chilly water and convey to the boil.
750 g (1.65 lb) child new potatoes, sliced in half
Boil for 10 minutes till the potatoes are mushy and tender however not mushy. You possibly can take a look at this by pushing a desk knife right into a potato; it ought to slide in simply with out the potato disintegrating.
Drain the potatoes utilizing a colander. Depart them within the colander for a minute to launch steam, in order that the surplus moisture evaporates.
Take a big frying pan (skillet). Warmth up the oil and butter over a medium-high warmth, till the butter begins to foam.
2 tbsp avocado oil, 2 tbsp butter
Add the potatoes and fry for about 6-8 minutes, turning each couple of minutes till you get a light-weight brown crust on them.
Add within the onion and garlic and cook dinner for an extra 2-3 minutes, stirring typically, till the onion begins to melt.
1 pink onion, 3 cloves garlic
Add the salt and pepper. Give the whole lot a stir and cook dinner for yet another minute, stirring a couple of instances to stop it sticking.
½ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper
Flip off the warmth and stir within the coriander (cilantro). Drizzle over the lemon juice, then serve.
30 g (¾ packed cup) freshly chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves, 1 tbsp lemon juice
Dietary data is approximate, per serving. This recipe serves 4.
Energy: 274kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 4gFats: 13gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0.2gLdl cholesterol: 15mgSodium: 352mgPotassium: 887mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 687IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 2mg
A number of the hyperlinks on this submit could also be affiliate hyperlinks – which suggests in the event you purchase the product I get a small fee (at no additional price to you). If you happen to do purchase, then thanks! That’s what helps us to maintain Kitchen Sanctuary operating. The dietary data supplied is approximate and might fluctuate relying on a number of components. For extra data please see our Phrases & Situations.