DUNDEE UNITED have revealed a brand new membership crest that features six delicate modifications.
The membership has made the choice to modernise the membership’s badge and enhance on some points they’d recognized within the outdated picture.
In complete, United have made six modifications to their new membership crest.
The membership have knowledgeable followers what modifications have been made to the badge and why the choice was taken.
A few of the points recognized with the outdated badge had been:
- Quaint font
- Clumsy detrimental areas
- Font spacing inconsistencies
- Misplaced definition
The membership acknowledged on their web site: “Following session and analysis with numerous stakeholders, followers and membership officers, the native agency produced a imaginative and prescient that captures the membership’s core values and provides a recent, skilled look that may encourage belief and confidence throughout the board.
“Probably the most related change supporters will recognise immediately is the redesign of our membership crest.
“The crest in its earlier format has been in place since 1993 and regardless of serving properly over its lifetime, poses a number of flaws in its design and had begun to look outdated.
“Consistency of use has additionally modified over time creating an issue for model consciousness and confidence within the model.
“The brand new crest font immediately brings readability whereas retaining the flares of historic reference, alongside a brand new background palette that enhances the proud lion ending as a smooth, more energizing and trendy look.”
Following the announcement and reveal of the brand new badge, many followers have taken to social media to precise their opinions on the change.
A common theme all through the replies to United’s announcement was confusion over the modifications, one fan acknowledged: “That appears the identical?”
One other mentioned: “Why change it in any respect if it is simply modified to that? That font is brutal.”
One fan was pleased with the modifications, saying “Cracking video. Not a lot change however tidier. Seems to be higher with the white quarters swapped for some motive.”
Some followers have additionally introduced doubts over the design, with one individual stating: “Will in all probability look good and rather a lot cleaner on kits however by itself I am not so certain…”
So what precisely has modified with the brand new crest?
The under pictures present the problems the membership recognized with the outdated badge and the modifications they made with the brand new one.
The modifications had been:
- Switching the colored triangles spherical helps give readability and definition to the lion’s face.
- Black define of the diamond form provides extra definition and can work properly in single color brand model.
- The crest makes use of a recent font that has a sans serif base with a contact of flare to it. With the font’s roots in outdated century logos and signage, there’s a good steadiness of outdated and new to the general aesthetic.
- Awkward detrimental areas have been eliminated for a cleaner look.
- The lion rampant has been redrawn as a a lot clearer depiction with extra refined traces.
- Precision, consistency and alignment all through the crest provides a way of unity and displays the membership’s core values.